In case you thought it was real, yesterday’s “announcement” was a joke. There will be no Return of the Lost Gods supplement. :)
Athas.org is pleased to announce that we will release a new supplement, “Return of the Lost Gods”, in a few weeks. The supplement will use the new 3E rules and will present the lost gods of athas, their unexplained absence, and their glorified return. Included will be stats for all 17 deities, major and minor, as well as their usual avatars, portfolios, and minions. Also included will be Rajaat’s stats, complete for the first time!
An adventuring chapter has just been uploaded. It’s fairly short, covering updated heat and overland movement rules. Enjoy.
A couple of updates:
The monsters chapter has been updated, with some new pictures, and a few small modifications to various monsters.
Updates to the races chapter are somewhat more significant:
- Trimmed the descriptions down to a reasonable length (The elf, for example, no longer takes up six and a half pages ...)
- Updated with respect to Savage Species
- Included the 3.5 "Weapon Familiarity" mechanic for some races, where appropriate.
- Half-giants are now ECL 3
- Pterrans have been trimmed down so they qualify as an ECL 0 race.
- No images in this one, sorry ... I'd stripped the file down to work with final layout.
An update (which is, among other things, much more reasonably sized) to the Monsters chapter is now available.
I’ve just uploaded three fairly heavy updates:
This is the most significantly altered chapter...
- Dropped the Harbinger system. Generally too clunky and too much labor (both to run, and to even begin to playtest) for too little gain. Something may appear later in an optional form, but it won't be a part of core.
- Altered the preserver / defiler system. Again, the previous version was too much work for too little gain. The new system manages to stay mostly out of the way, but still allows for fallen preservers. See the raze sequence in the Spells document ....
- Removed the harbinger powers (see above)
- General pruning and clarification. Some powers have been signifigantly reworked. Some have vanished. Some new were added. Just reread the doc. ;)
- Added the raze spell sequence
The Spells and Magic chapters should be coming out Real Soon Now; just need to work out some final touch-ups, which should be done within the week. Anticipate a couple of changes with that one ...
First, a new announcement, and then two announcements that I should have made about two weeks ago …
A Monsters chapter has been released for DS3. This is not a full monstrous compendium, but rather a couple of preview monsters, which will be included in the back of the DS3 release, a la The Wanderer's Journal and the first printing of the 3e PHB. A full monsters document is under a Savage Species inspired review.
The second announcement is that Nathan Guest (better known as NytCrawlr) has been accepted as a member of the senate. NytCrawlr has been working on monster conversions, and assisting in the editing of the DS3 documents for some time now.
And the last announcement is that we've found someone to do layouts for us. While we're probably going to keep trying to release the preview documents in a relatively simple, uncluttered form (images tend to make the documents much bigger, fast) the final layout is now in capable hands.
The Classes document has been updated with a new ranger class writeup.
a few updates to the spells document:
- fixed the misplaced descriptions of braxatskin and breathing. (p.18)
- fixed the table for curtain ward. (p.27)
- added reference for energy types for lesser elemental chariot. (p.37)
- fixed write-up in greater elemental chariot. (p.34)