Muls are a hardy race. They survive when the other races of Athas would die; they push past the limits of endurance that would kill even half-giants.
Here are a set of feats and powers for use with Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition with your mul characters.
Daniel Bandera compiled this great monster index for all of the 4th edition D&D Dark Sun monsters and their sources. His sources include all of the released adventures including game day & free rpg day as well as Dungeon adventures & Ashes of Athas adventures.
Athas.org has interviewed Dark Sun creator Tim Brown about his new multi-media endeavor, the Dragon Kings Project.
Dark Sun creator Tim Brown has teamed up with original Dark Sun artist, Brom, to create a new fantasy rpg universe called Dragon Kings. Brown calls the world of Khitus his spiritual successor to Dark Sun
The Dragon Kings game will include a progressive rock CD, an art-intensive album or concert style book that expands heavily on each song (with lyrics, more stories, maps, specific art, etc.), and a hardbound game book. No release date yet.
The fires of the crimson sun burn hot as your group of vagabonds band together to face intrigue, betrayal, and the beasts of Bloodsand Arena. Can your group survive and earn glory in the world of Dark Sun?
This Dungeons & Dragons adventure folio, created for Free RPG Day 2010, previews the Dark Sun setting, available in August 2010. Bloodsand Arena is designed for 1st-level characters and contains two short adventures, a double-sided poster map of key encounter areas, and a pack of six pre-generated D&D characters.
Wizards of the Coast has allowed Baldman Games to distribute their Ashes of Athas convention games to the non-convention crowd. You’ll be able to sign up to receive the chapters over at Baldman’s site.
[update: the forum page has gone offline; to request a copy of the adventure, send an email to email@example.com ]
Some important information from their announcements page:
- No one (not even us) can host the adventure files anywhere.
- Only the admins and Baldman Games can provide adventures.
- When you e-mail us (or send us a message via these forums), we will send you adventures, one chapter at a time.
- When contacting us, please include your e-mail so we can send you the files and the chapter(s) you need.
- You can run those adventures, or if you are a convention organizer, you can provide them to your DMs for use at the convention.
- You cannot otherwise redistribute or share or post the files anywhere. If you do, this will likely result in Ashes of Athas distribution being closed down!
- Adventures you received from us can be run anywhere you please (home play, stores, conventions, desert caravans...). You can run them multiple times - whenever you please.
- When you request adventures we will provide a link to pregens, maps, and campaign rules.
I suspect that, by having everyone request directly from the source, Wizards is looking to easily gauge the interest in the game; this is a good thing.
Besides D&D & Pathfinder, Dungeon World seems to have gained some traction as a rules set for Dark Sun. You can find Travis Stout's excellent writeup of Dark Sun Classes for Dungeon World, there's also some equipment and useful tags such as Fragile for weapons.
Here's a conversion of the A Little Knowledge intro adventure included in the original 2e Dark Sun boxed set, converted to 3e.
A Little Knowledge 3e Adventure Webarchive Link (offsite)
Listen to episode 94 of Going Last at about the 52 minute mark for details.
As mentioned in the podcast you can also watch Teos talk to Mike Shea of Sly Floursh in their Looking Back on Dark Sun Organized Play Campaign video on Mike's youtube page.
EDIT: More information can be found on the BaldmanGames website in the Ashes of Athas Forum